The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Official Blue Dragon Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EffEmmGee
Admin

PostSubject: Official Blue Dragon Thread   Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:59 pm

Blue Dragon
Developer: MISTWALKER/ARTOON (Japanese)
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Click any image to see a bigger version

Join Shu and his friends as they go on an epic adventure in the world of Blue Dragon. The evil Nene preys on innocent villages from his ancient airship can you bring him to justice? Brought to you by Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of Final Fantasy, Blue Dragon promises an amazing adventure.

Click here for Trailers

*No more Friends Request please*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Official Blue Dragon Thread   Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:04 pm

Well, on paper, this little game here seems to have it all. Creators who are legends in their own fields. Pedigree, and the distinction for being the reason why the Xbox sold about 20 copies more than usual in Japan.

But, but, but, I am somehow not excited by this game. I have to be honest, it seems a little, erm, ordinary? Can I say that? I am actually looking much more forward to Eternal Sonata. Looks prettier and I think that I'd prefer levelling up in that game. But who knows. Knowing me, I'll still pick that game up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Blue Dragon Thread   Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:45 am

My gamertag does not lie. I have picked up Blue Dragon, even after that disgusting review from Eurogamer.

The game is actually really, really good. Apart from the fact that the map is so awful in that game, they may not have bothered. I mean, after using a map like Zelda's, which wwill tell you exactly where a corridor leads, where chests are, to come up with something like in Blue Dragon is enough to reduce you to tears. But I am enjoying the game and soon, shall be aiming for a massive number of points out of this game.
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Blue Dragon Thread   Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:50 am

I've not played it yet, there are a couple of reasons that are stopping me atm. First of all its a game Benjamin bought so he gets priority (im fine by that). Second of all, after playing the Demo for it I found it 90% unplayable, thats because my setup is in the bedroom on a 14" TV and some 360 games use text thats sooo tiny its pointless playing...Blue Dragon being one of them (another being Dead Rising).

Seriously the text in Dead Rising may as well have been white lines...Blue Dragon isnt as bad but im still squinting to read it. Benjamins using a 26" Flatscreen SDTV and Blue Dragon is Perfectly readable on there (Dead Rising is only just readable on his TV).

I dunno maybe the full game of Blue Dragon is different and the text has been made bigger for SDTV users.

One game which goes against this tho is Phantasy Star Universe, the text is fairly large on my TV but on Benjamins TV its incredibly small (only just readable).

HDTV's are way out of our price range right now and it would only be used for Gaming as TV quality is no different than a SDTV right now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EffEmmGee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Blue Dragon Thread   Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:38 am

I finally plucked up the courage to play Blue Dragon knowing that I could be disappointed by the fact that the text would be unreadably small (as was the case with the demo). I was sooo relieved! It must have been altered for the final release because I'm not having any problems reading any of the text.

The only bit of unreadable text is the word 'Loading' when the spinning circle appears in the bottom left to load. The character names on the battle screen (above their stats) are just about readable but you don't need to keep reading those.

I'm playing it with Japanese speech because the Japanese language is heavily emotion based so for me it h as more impact.

And yes its incredibly addictive!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Official Blue Dragon Thread   Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:07 pm

Welcome to Blue Dragon. I fully expect you to sacrifice many hours on this game. Check the link to my Live eye (under my signature) to see how many hours I have racked up playing this game. And it has only been out one week.

The game is massive, rock hard for achievement points but it just does not get boring.

For this game, I would suggest reading the instruction booklet, so that you fully understand what the levelling of your powers means. And what you should be striving for first. If you want some handy hints, I am only a PM away.
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Blue Dragon Thread   Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:24 am

Waaaah!

The Overlord has forbidden me to play any more Blue Dragon now.

As is the case with all games he buys (and only have 1 copy of between us) Im not allowed to play past where Benjamin has got...and I got to where Benjamin is last night (I wish I had my own copy!). The reason for this is that he is sick to death of me completing his games before he does (and thats happened loads!)

Cant wait till he gets to Disk 2 so I can do some major levelling up on Disk 1.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Official Blue Dragon Thread   Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:40 am

Oh dear. Well, I tell you something to look forward to. On disc 3, the cutscene before the final boss, is probably the most jaw-dropping 40 seconds I have ever witnessed in a videogame. When you finally get to see it, I think that you will agree with me, that it is indeed earth-shattering.

Tell BB to hurry and play through. I have got Shu to level 73 and he is a serious bad-ass.
70 hours and counting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Blue Dragon Thread   

Back to top Go down

Official Blue Dragon Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Xbox 360 :: Xbox 360 Games-
Jump to: