The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Heroes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goingslow

PostSubject: Heroes   Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:07 pm

Anyone else in to heroes? I don't have sky so am only now watching it on bbc2/3 so please no spoilers!! am loving what I've seen so far albeit sometimes rather hard to know whats going on, although that might be whats keeping me on the edge of my seat (well not exactly but you know what I mean)..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://goingslow.blogspot.com/
EffEmmGee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heroes   Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:10 pm

Both myself and Benjamins's Brain In A Jar are well into Heroes!, just watched tonights episode, its so addictive!

This is deffinetly one that I want to get on DVD when it comes out in the UK (as in the full season 1 and not specific episodes...like how Lost initially brought out 2 seperate box sets for season 1, whats the point, just do the lot in 1 go!)

*No more Friends Request please*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Heroes   Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:51 pm

Don't worry, there shall not be any spoilers here. I am well into Heroes as well. A few weeks ago I had three days off and I streamed all the episodes from season 1. And I have to say that this series just seems to get better and better. It's awesome.

So good, in fact, that I am watching it on the telly with the girlfriend. Yatta!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heroes   Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:19 pm

Is anybody watching the second series of Heroes? They're up to episode 5 in the US. It's awesome.

You won't believe what happened to so-and-so. Or who is dead. Or who is not dead. Or where so-and-so ended up. Or..., oh it is just too good. Somebody, somehow watch the first five episodes. I want to geek out with my fellow splurgers about this new series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Heroes?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:54 am

Could , you please ! Explain to me what this heroes thing or programme is please im dying to no because so many people has been talking about it . I hope its like two pints of larger or something like it becuase that was hillarious . I mean i do like t copy when someone says have you watched such a thing i have to watch it like friday and friday afternext someone said that was "brill" and i watched so if you no wich channel its on let me know ill give it a look thanks .... I HAVE GOT SKY IF ITS ON THERE SKY IN ALL THREE ROOMS .
Back to top Go down
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Heroes   Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:23 pm

Is it like two pints?
heck no

You may find it hard now it's halfway through the season on bbc2/3. I can't say about sky as I've not got it.

It follows 6 or 7 people (closely who) have special abilities (more come and go) I won't say what so as not to spoil it. It can be tricky to follow at times but is very well writen. I would recomend it if you can spare it the time. I would say I've had far more times going Wow/ Cool than laughing with some very good special effects. When the whole season is avliable on dvd I shall be going for it, may be even in HD.

If anyone else who's watch it can explain or add more do so, as I was trying my best not to give anyhting away!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heroes   Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:10 pm

Well, just to expand on Goingslow's explanation, Heroes, in a nutshell is just like he said. It follows the popular trend of having about 7 main characters and the focus on each episode switches from character to character. But in essence, what you have is some guys who discover that they have powers. Whilst they discover their powers and what they can do with them, they try to come to terms with their place in the world. Some love their powers, some don't understand them. Some are embarrassed by them, but slowly we learn that there is a connection between them all.

It is well written, incidentally by the fella that wrote Teen Wolf all those years ago. It's not a british sitcom like two pints of lager, it's really more of a really long drama, mixed with a bit of action. But it has some memorable characters, some interesting twists, nothing too taxing and seems to strike a chord with a lot of people that watch it. If you haven't seen it yet, I'd suggest getting it on DVD.

I heard a lot about the show before I started watching it. Usually, over-hyped shows I don't end up enjoying. Like Lost for example, rarely have I seen such rubbish. (Sorry, Lost fans. But do bear in mind, this is only my opinion. If you love Lost, I'm glad for you. Lost has lost me). But Heroes has kept my interest. So much in fact that I am chomping at the bit for the next episodes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Heroes :   Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:11 pm

Ha, thanks going slow you know since two pints of larger went of there was newt really much to watch accept for " coronation street " but then i watched heroes for the first time and even though i missed half of the series i got into it in know time . First ever episode i wached was the one were that chineese man gived his child away and she had healing strengh that was nerve racking . Yeh so thanks
Back to top Go down
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Heroes   Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:22 pm

Glad you're enjoying it, some of the effects are great. Although the explosion was a little lame when Clare came out of the house charred it looked so cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Errrr :   Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:25 pm

Goingslow wrote:
Glad you're enjoying it, some of the effects are great. Although the explosion was a little lame when Clare came out of the house charred it looked so cool.
Errr , now that was discusting it looked like someone had chopped all her skin of or someone had burnt her she was practicully half skeleton half human . But if you like things like that i suggest you watch HOSTELL 2 very grose horror.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Heroes   Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:28 pm

Just wish they would show more of Sylar when he takes the top of his victims heads off and disects the brains, which I may add, what does he do to the brain?

Afternoon snack may be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heroes   Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:31 pm

Goingslow wrote:
Just wish they would show more of Sylar when he takes the top of his victims heads off and disects the brains, which I may add, what does he do to the brain?

Afternoon snack may be?
He , simply grabbs it and makes a FRANKENSTEIN monster with a plastic skeleton and the brain . It cant really move though.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Heroes   Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:35 pm

Really??

In that case one big lightning storm and you got yourself one cool army!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes   

Back to top Go down

Heroes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1