The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Official Test Drive Unlimited Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Official Test Drive Unlimited Thread   Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:51 pm

Test Drive Unlimited
Developer: Atari
Publisher: Eden Games

Players: 1-2

This game, more than any other will make you wish that you had the talent to pick out winning lottery numbers. Why? Well, unless you have a fancy black card, from Coutt's, the bank that counts the Queen of England as a customer, you will never ever sit behind one of the more high-end models on display in this game. Apart from joyriding, but that is a conversation for another day.

Essentially, this is another driving game with an army of cars that only David Beckham could say is a little lacking. For us non-pretentious human beings with more sense than money, this has every top brand from Ferrari to Bentley, Lamborghini to TVR, Mercedes to Volkswagen. Available to race and own and store in any of a number of expensive appartments dotted around an island in Hawaii. You see, this is the unique hook of this game. The talented folk have mapped an entire island for your driving pleasure. I'll just repeat that again for emphasis.

AN ENTIRE ISLAND HAS BEEN MAPPED FOR YOU TO DRIVE AROUND IN. I mean, I can't be the only one that is impressed by that, surely. I'd like to email some of the folk that were involved in that game and ask them how accurately they placed the trees. Just so that I can be impressed even more when they reply back with an answer along the lines of "We left out 12 trees, so that Hawaiians could drive around and spot where we cut corners".

But anyways, on to the game proper. You already know about the entire-island-mapping-thing. Which is being used in the game as follows. You don't really select the event that you want to take part in. You drive to it and then get going. So for example, you start out the game in the south-east of the island. And if you want to enter a certain event that is located in the north-west, you have to drive across the vast majority of the island to get there. (It sounds more interesting than I type, trust me). On the way over there, be on the lookout for fellow Xboxers with this game, because they can challenge you to a race anytime they want. And if you accept, prepare for a smooth and in most cases, friendly racing experience.

The game drives well, is very smooth and as an experience is very definitely the first of its kind. Believe it or not, I felt like a tourist for quite some time driving through the island and was even momentarily stunned into silence when I drove past a huge waterfall. (I know, I should get out more). There is so much to see, so far to drive and so many cars to own. You can purchase clothes for your character and accessorize him (or her) to your hearts content. T-shirts by Ecko, shoes by Ben Sherman, glasses by Diesel, it goes on and on. And my favourite feature? Look below, bottom right. A satelite navigation system.

Complete with friendly voice, telling you to "turn left. Destination 500 metres to go". I tell you, from this day forth, I don't want to play any game with a huge driving element, that doesn't have a GPS system in it. For games like GTA and the like, there is no excuse for it anymore. But I digress. This game is huge. This game is fun. And you should own it. Even if you live in Hawaii. Or are David Beckham.

Back to top Go down
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Official Test Drive Unlimited Thread   Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:41 am

Rather a belated post on my part but.....

I actually manage to get the full 1000 on this game, most scarily on a 13 TV which didn't support 60hz so the space at the top and bottom of the screen was constantly flashing. The two hour long races were not fun!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://goingslow.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Official Test Drive Unlimited Thread   Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:11 pm

I don't know how I missed this post before. You got 1000 out of this game? Seriously? Like, oh my god, dude. That is just awesome. I am beyond impressed. I don't know which achievement was most impressive in this game. Either the one where you find every road in the game, or the one for finishing every mission in the game.

Either way, you are the man.
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Official Test Drive Unlimited Thread   Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:10 am

Oh God, the one for finding every road drove me mental! But I managed it eventually

Kudos on getting everything!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Official Test Drive Unlimited Thread   Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:25 am

Thanks

That was just my kind of game, I lucked out on the online achievements as they other two guys in my team/club didn't get them although we only raced at the same time!!

Very disappointed now as I can't get the save on my console, I only downloaded free stuff but says marketplace content is effecting it. I've re-downloaded it with no joy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://goingslow.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Test Drive Unlimited Thread   

Back to top Go down

Official Test Drive Unlimited Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Xbox 360 :: Xbox 360 Games-
Jump to: