The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

How to post images

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EffEmmGee
Admin

PostSubject: How to post images   Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:05 pm

Posting images on a forum is actually quite simple once you know how. I don't even think about it anymore, it's just something I do.

If you want to post an image seen somewhere on the internet it is advisable to save it first and host it somewhere under your own name (In some cases you may need to seek permission from its owner first). The reason for this is when you link to an image you are using that persons bandwidth, so as you can imagine on a forum where lots of people view posted images it takes a lot of bandwidth. So please use your own hosting service where possible.

May I suggest: www.imageshack.us (and I will also use them as an example here.)

Seen an image you want to post about? Save it somewhere like your desktop first.
(simply Right Click on the image and choose Save As, or Save Image As etc, then choose where you want to save it.)

Load up your image host (ie www.imageshack.us) and make an account if you haven't got one already. Don't worry, it's free and theres no spam.

You should get a page like this:
(apologies if this stretches the page)

After clicking Host It you will be taken to the final page where you get your code, it should look like this:

One you have copied your code, all you have to do is go to where you are posting your image, Right Click again exactly where you want it in your text box, then choose Paste.

*No more Friends Request please*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: ok thanks   Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:31 pm

all right thanks when ive finished i will be making a new thread and some pictures with it
Back to top Go down

How to post images
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1