The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

The Official Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EffEmmGee
Admin

PostSubject: The Official Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty Thread   Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:15 am

Demo: Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
Content: Turning Point: Fall of Liberty Demo
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LANGUAGE,VIOLENCE] In an alternate reality, unstoppable Nazi forces win world War II, and take over Europe and the United States. Witness war more personal than ever. Download the demo of this provocative shooter and witness the Third Reich's epic invasion of New York, then go to www.turningpointgame.com to join the resistance!
Size: 1.24 GB

Press Release wrote:
Survive the Nazi invasion of New York as Codemasters® releases the Turning Point®: Fall of LibertyTM playable demo.

Fight afresh on a startlingly different battlefield as World War II comes to Manhattan.

Wednesday, 23rd January 2008 (11am UK Time) – Experience the explosive opening scenario from Turning Point®: Fall of Liberty™, the forthcoming alternate reality shooter from Spark Unlimited™, as Codemasters® announces the launch of the game’s playable demo, now available to download exclusively from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®.

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty opens as the sun rises over New York on a September morning in an altered vision 1953. Without warning, the undefeated Third Reich launch an explosive attack on the gateway to the United States and, sending a very clear message to the city, razes the Statue of Liberty in a devastating bombing run.

As this hell breaks out, the demo sees players assume the role of Dan Carson, a New York City construction engineer, at work on the girders of a skyscraper. The invasion intensifies and, as the skies fill with Zeppelins, jet aircraft and assault blimps, the skyscraper takes several direct hits. With the building collapsing around him, Carson must run for his life, dashing along girders, finding ladders or, as players head towards the lower levels, leaping from girder to girder to safety.

Players come face to face with the enemy as paratroopers descend on the building. Players can make use of Carson’s strength to grapple with opponents Krav Maga-style, disarming and dispatching them off the side of the building in dramatic environmental kills.

Survive the attack on New York in the Xbox 360 demo and then, as the fearsome German war machine occupies America and Europe, prepare for a World War II like no other in the full game, coming soon for the Xbox 360, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows®. For the latest Turning Point: Fall of Liberty information, videos and community news, be sure to visit the official game website located at www.turningpointgame.com / www.codemasters.co.uk/turningpoint

*No more Friends Request please*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shady

PostSubject: The Official Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty Thread   Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:51 am

Well, I can't even get to play it at the moment, as I'm getting an error. The demo starts, and just brings me back to my X-Box homepage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chat.n.tonez.peperonity.com
Benjamin's Brain In A Jar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Official Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty Thread   Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 am

Hang on a mo' whilst I whizz this through my translator...

Shady wrote:
well cant even get to play it at da moment as im gettin n error da demo startz n jus bringz me back to my xbox home page

BBIAJ's custom home-made translator thingie-me-bob wrote:
Well, I can't even get to play it at the moment, as I'm getting an error. The demo starts, and just brings me back to my X-Box 360 Dashboard.

Ah, I see!

Well, that's a damn shame then, because the demo is all kinds of complete and utter awesomeness!

I had my doubts about this, coming as it is from Spark, and not exactly being enamoured by the glitch fest that was Call Of Duty: Finest Hour (an oxymoron if ever there was one), but apart from some low level (and hopefully to be replaced in the final build), textures, this had some truly amazing standout moments, such as the assault on top of the skyscraper, the environmental kill assigned to the d-pad where you chuck a Nazi off the side of a building, and a German plane crashing into a building!

I also like the way the colour drains away as your health fades, nice touch. As is the blurry effect when you're shot too.

Stunning stuff, I'll be getting this one for definite, had it on pre-order for a while now.

In fact, I'm off to play it right now, toodlepipski!

P.S. Shady, your "English" almost broke my spell checker! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shady

PostSubject: The Official Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty Thread   Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Got it working and played a little, but it's not gripped me yet. Guns aim a bit crappy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chat.n.tonez.peperonity.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Official Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1